ISO 27001 Certification is an International Standard on how to manage information security for an organization. It details requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining, and continually improving an Information Security Management System (ISMS), the aim is to help organizations make the information assets they hold, more secure. ISO 27001 certification is essential for protecting your most vital assets like employee and client information, brand image, and other private information. The ISO 27001 standard is also structured to be compatible with other management systems standards.
ISO 27001 Certification in Nigeria is one of the many services offered by TopCertifier, the global consulting and certification solutions provider. ISO 27001 Standard is applicable to all types of organizations irrespective of size, nature, or geography such as health care, trading, manufacturing, and service companies in Nigeria. We deliver ISO 27001 consulting and certification services to all major locations in Nigeria, like Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja, Benin City, Port Harcourt etc.
Achieving ISO 27001 will aid your organization in managing and protecting your valuable data and information assets. It builds a culture of security and helps achieve compliance with regulations such as the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR). There is enhanced customer satisfaction that improves client retention. Also, it ensures compliance with legislation, regulators, and customers.
Information Security Management refers to the set of policies and procedural controls that IT and business organisations implement to protect their informational assets from threats and vulnerabilities. Many organisations implement a formal, documented procedure for managing Information security, known as an Information Security Management System, or ISMS.
Weak data security can lead to key information being lost or stolen, create a poor experience for customers and reputational harm. Data breaches, fraud, and cyber-security attacks are all becoming more common as people become more reliant on technology. Hence, information security is of utmost importance in the present world.
ISO 27001 Certification in Nigeria demonstrates that an organisation has
implemented the internationally recognised Information Security Management standard
(ISMS). ISO 27001 is designed to provide your organisation with a framework for
protecting your information assets, customers, and ensuring business continuity in
an environment filled with information security threats.
When the ISO 27001 Information Security Management standard (ISMS) is implemented, it is a strategic activity that preserves the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information by applying risk management techniques to handle threats adequately.
There are a number of benefits when it comes to implementing the best practices of
information security, conducting risk assessments and meeting the requirements of
ISO 27001’s information security controls. Some of them include:-
1. Being ISO 27001 Certified in Nigeria helps in gaining new customers and maintaining existing relationships by demonstrating best security practises.
2. It enhances the brand reputation.
3. The ISO 27001 standard helps in the effective expansion of your company by clearly stating who is responsible for which security solution and information asset, thereby boosting organisational structure transparency.
4. The standard complies with business, legal, contractual and regulatory requirements.
5. ISO 27001 Compliance in Nigeria enhances the organization's security posture.
6. Being accepted as the global benchmark for best security practices, the certification helps the organizations to avoid the potential damage from the security breaches.
ISO 27001 Certification in Nigeria is of utmost importance because it
ensures that various information security risks, such as cyber threats,
vulnerabilities, and their impacts are addressed using best security practices. ISO
27001 is required to show to customers, suppliers, and stakeholders that you can
maintain information data safe and secure. To get ISO 27001 certified in Nigeria,
organizations must be evaluated against the standard and must conduct regular
surveillance audits to verify ongoing compliance. ISO 27001 analyzes how well a
corporation manages its information security threats. The requirements of ISO 27001
● Scope of the Information Security Management System
● Conducting a risk assessment and defining a risk treatment methodology
● Risk assessment and risk treatment methodology
● Statement of Applicability
● Acceptable use of assets
● Operating procedures for IT management
There are two ways in achieving ISO 27001 Certification in Nigeria :-
1) To achieve ISO 27001 certification in Nigeria, an organisation must first
develop and implement an Information Security Management that meets all of the
Standard's requirements. Once the ISMS is in place, the organisation can apply for
certification with an accredited certification body.
The certification body will audit the ISMS to confirm that it meets the standards of
ISO 27001. If the ISMS is found to be compliant, the certification body will issue
an ISO 27001 certificate.
2) Adopting a hassle-free approach to developing any organization's ISMS framework, TopCertifier will look at an organization's operation and provide a benchmark that will guide the building of new cybersecurity controls. Our ISO 27001 consultants will also review your collection of policies, procedures, and processes before building bespoke policies that fit your organization's requirements. We understand the local business culture/ necessities in Nigeria and focus on practices that could increase your bottom line rather than just sticking to standard guidelines and supporting organizations to achieve certification simpler, faster, and affordably.
● Conduct Gap Analysis
● Prepare Documentation
● Get Awareness Training
● Implement Policies and Procedures
● Conduct Internal Audit
● Identify Non-conformities
● Conduct Management Review Meeting
● Take Corrective Actions
● External Audit
● Get Certified Successfully
ISO 27001 standard implementation for any organization in Nigeria depends on the focus, knowledge, expertise, and resources available. It also depends on various factors like the complexity of the business, the number of employees, working shifts and so on.
The cost of getting ISO 27001 Certified in Nigeria depends on a range of factors like audit duration, organization size, the scope of risk, the current level of compliance, and more. To get an accurate quotation, contact TopCertifier.
Developing a management system based on ISO 27001 can be tough, but choosing the right certification body is tougher. A number of criterias come into the picture while choosing a CB like its reputation, accreditation, specialization, experience, flexibility and language spoken. TopCertifier with its experienced consultants & auditors help an organization right from its initial contact by explaining which certification would suit an organization better, select a respectable certification body based on all the above mentioned criterias, develop a management system, conduct trainings and ensure simpler certification process for its clients with proper documentation and end-to-end support. Hence, TopCertifier is the one-stop solution for all your certification needs.